Well, it's the end of my first week back in the Blogosphere and it's been great to touch base with so many on-line friends.
Today's post is a mixed bag. A little of this and a little of that.
First - a question: As a test, I made a deliberate error in my Wednesday blog. In the title, I said I was introducing Sophy. In the text, I spelled her name Sophie. No one made a comment on the discrepancy. Now I really want to know - were you just being polite or did you not notice? Come on, be honest.
Second - a request: You may have noticed I added the NetworkedBlogs widget to my left sidebar. I tested it using my Facebook account, but it looks so pitiful sitting there with no little faces but my own (well, okay, mine and my beloved spouse). Would someone, please, follow this blog using NetworkedBlogs, just so I have another face in that blank white space. I'd really appreciate it.
Third - an award. I mentioned on Monday that I received the
from fellow blogger Margo Kelly. (Thanks, again, Margo.) As with many blog awards, this comes with a couple of do's when the award is accepted. I have to:
1. Share ten things about myself, and
2. Pass the award onto six other bloggers
So here goes -
1. I have four grandchildren, age 10, 11, 12, and 13. No, they're not all siblings so you don't need to have sympathy pains for their mother.
2. I'm a lifelong Boston Red Sox fan. This has prepared me for the heartbreak and disappointment that comes with being a writer. This also means I believe in miracles.
3. I love writing fiction - mystery, suspense, sci fi, and a little romance. I also love writing humor but that's usually non-fiction. Some stuff you just can't make up.
4. We (my hubby, two sons, and I) moved to Ohio in the middle of the Blizzard of 78. From Los Angeles. We didn't own a pair of boots, a winter coat, or a pair of gloves.
5. My biggest food weakness is ice cream.
6. I've spent my entire adult life on a diet, just coming off a diet, or getting ready to start a diet (see item 5). I've lost enough weight over the years to build at least three clones.
7. I've been a disaster relief volunteer with the American Red Cross for a couple decades. I've responded to tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, and floods. I also worked the respite station at Ground Zero-World Trade Center after 9/11.
8. I have a terrible weakness for online jigsaw puzzles. They're my favorite procrastination device when the writing isn't flowing.
9. I drive a 2001 Saab Convertable. I love it. The first car I ever owned (actually, shared with my brother) was a ragtop. Now...warm day, top down, wind tossing my hair, and the oldies channel playing my favorite music...for just a moment, I feel 16 again.
10. Last one - I really hope you'll leave me a comment. It makes my day when I get comments.
Now - I'd like to pass this blog along to:
Jessica R. Patch
Stacy McKitrick's Ranting and Whatnot
Sarah Ahiers Writes
Angela Brown in a Pursuit of Publishness
Maryann Miller - It's Not All Gravy
Mary Curry - My Place by the Sea
Please join me on Monday when I'll be sharing some of the tips I learned at the Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop on blogging, branding, and social media.
Have a great weekend.
Groaner of the Day: (long post, short groaner)
Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?