Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Twitter Chat Party for DAY OF THE DARK (and some Hump Day Funnies)

Got a little blatant self-promo going on this morning, but it's also for the fabulous authors I was lucky enough to share these pages with.  Stop by our Twitter chat party tonight. It'll be fun AND there's a givaway!




You really should check out this book. The eclipse is over but the great stories linger on. 



And since it's Wednesday and I had a request...

Here's a Hump Day joke...


A young ventriloquist is doing his comedy act at a bar in a small town. He’s going through his usual run of “dumb blonde” jokes, when a blond woman in the fourth row stands on her chair and starts shouting.

“I’ve heard just about enough of your denigrating blond jokes, jerk. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a woman’s hair have to do with her worth as a human being?  It’s guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full potential as a person because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, all in the name of humor.”

Flustered, the ventriloquist begins to apologize, when the blonde says:

“You stay out of this, Mister! I’m talking to that little jerk on your knee!”





 ... a political funny... 


   
 ...and an "aw".

 



 Hope you enjoyed these and that you'll stop by the chat party this evening. 

Have a great week.


Question for Today:

Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned? 


8 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi LD - well these were amusing .. love the thought of the twins - would they or not. Good luck with the chat party ... cheers Hilary

Mike Keyton said...

My beautiful daughter gives short shrift to blond jokes, so I have to be careful. I liked this one very much but restricted myself to an enigmatic smile :)

mshatch said...

Good funnies and good question! Even if they do realize it, how to decide who was unplanned? Whoever was conceived last?

Misha Gerrick said...

I'm sorry I missed the twitter party. :-(

Hehehehe poor blondes.

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm a blonde - and that cracked me up! :)

Chrys Fey said...

Darn. I missed the Twitter Chat, but I sure do love the title and the cover for that book! :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Thanks for making me smile. Again! :D

LD Masterson said...

Hi gang. Sorry I didn't get right back to everyone here. I did this post and left town (totally offline).

Hilary - Thanks. I was trying to giving everyone a chuckle.

Mike - Well, before I became a gray-haired little old lady telling senior jokes, I was a blond. So I don't feel too bad. My apologies to your daughter.

Marcie - And how would you ever know?

Misha - Me, too. Maybe next time.

Jemi - I loved blond jokes when I was blond. My husband is Polish and loves Polish jokes.

Chrys - Me, too, and I can't take credit for either. We do have some excellent stories in there. Worth checking out.

Donna - My pleasure. Thanks for coming by.