Happy hump day.
Last week's post ran a bit long so I'm going to keep it short and sweet this week. And I have something different for you, a hump day quiz.
These are not trick questions. And you can probably find the answers by Googling...but where's the fun in it. Answer as many as you can in your comments and let's see who can figure out the most. I'll post the answers next Wednesday.
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
Did you get them all?
Here's a quick funny to reward all that hard work.
A six year old opened his birthday gift from his grandmother and was delighted to find a set of water pistols. He called to his siblings and they raced for the kitchen sink.
The boy's mother was not pleased. She turned to her mother and said, "Why would you get him water pistols? Don't you remember how we used to drive you crazy with them when I was little?"
The grandmother smiled. "Oh yes, dear. I remember."
Yeah, I guess that qualifies as a little old lady joke.
You know I love those.
And here's your weekly "aw".
Just a few buddies, enjoying their nap.
How'd you do on the quiz? Too hard? Too easy? Enough of a distraction to get you over the mid-week hump? I hope so.
Have a fantastic week/weekend. I'll see you next Wednesday (or whenever you stop by).
Thought for Today:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.