Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Food for Thought (And a Little Silliness, Too)

HAPPY HUMP DAY

First of all, the answer to the question I know has been keeping you up nights this past week...

The chocolates arrived intact and the Marine is a happy camper! 
(I should have made him send me a selfie of him enjoying one. LOL)



Today, I'm just offering miscellaneous silliness and food for thought.

Food for thought - Part 1

Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

What if my dog only brings back my ball because he thinks I like throwing it?

If poison expires is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?


PSA: Our church held its bi-monthly blood drive today.  I've been a regular donor for several decades, and I'm delighted that my 17 year old granddaughter and my granddaughter-to-be (the Marine's fiance) have become regular donors, as well. So few young people consider donating blood. Did you know only 37% of all Americans are eligible to donate blood, and less than 10% do?

Are you a blood donor?


Food for thought - Part 2

Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?

Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and it just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.




Have I mentioned I'm a big tea drinker? 
Seriously. I've never been able to develop a taste for coffee.
But I'm not sure I've had this particular brand. 

Food for thought - Part 3 

Intentionally losing a game of rock, paper, and scissors is just as hard as trying to win.

If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.

If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before.


Okay, you've earned your "aw".
How about this one?


No, not the cute little girl or the kitten.
It's that poor heartbroken dog.
Don't you think he deserves an "aw"?


Okay, that's all for today. I hope you're sailing through this week and heading for a great weekend.

Do you have any little morsels of thought for me? 

Quote for Today:

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill

 

19 comments:

Stacy McKitrick said...

Glad the chocolates made it safely. Yay!

I've tried donating blood soooooo many times and was always rejected that I just gave up. I guess they feel I need my blood more than they do. :D

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the What, Where, When... never thought that one through! That might help some kids get the spelling right as well!
I'm not able to give blood - between the low iron and the meds, they've stroked me off the list for life :(

Carol Kilgore said...

All are thoughts that make me crazy :)
Except the T replacing the W ... I may steal that one!
Happy April ♥

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the chocolates made it!
Does poison become stronger or weaker? I might have to Google that...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

These are so clever. My favorite is what happens when you replace 'w' with 't' in 'what,' 'where,' 'when.'
Be well, LD, and keep a smile.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm glad to hear your grandson got the chocolates okay. :)

Lotsa fun stuff today. Thanks for the fun food for thought. (Not nearly as fattening as chocolate, either!)

I used to donate blood, but some of my medical issues and medications make it a no-no now. :(

Enjoy the rest of your week! It's so nice to have you back for your good ol' Hump Day fun.

LD Masterson said...

Stacy - If I don't ramp up my iron intake for a couple weeks before the blood drive, I never make it past the finger stick test.

Jemi - There are so many things that disqualify people from giving. That's why I figure, as long as I'm able, I need to do it.

Carol - I liked that one, too.

Alex - Hmmm. I wonder if I can work that into a story.

Robyn - Thanks. You, too.

Susan F.S. - So many people can't give because of medical reasons. It's one of the reasons I got the grandkids started young. We need a new generation of donors. And thanks so much.


L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've donated blood before. It's a bit of a rush. And then they give you cookies. Yeah!

Mason Canyon said...

Oh, the poor dog does deserve an aw! Love your food for thought and the fun tea photo.

Angela Brown said...

Okay, so that is some pretty interesting tea!

And yes, I awwwwwed for that darling puppy. Just wanna hug him and make him happy.

LD Masterson said...

Diane - It really is a good feeling. And, as you said...cookies!

Mason - His face destroyed me.

Angela - Me, too. You know he wasn't handling that kitten getting the attention. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the face on that puppy!!! Perfection.

LD Masterson said...

Liz - Absolutely.

Mike Keyton said...

Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned? This brought a smile to my face and then I remembered reading about a mother with quadruplets who planned on aborting the boys and just keeping the girls, and then my grin faded. On a lighter note my fun quote for the day are two wonderful Victorian put downs. They had a way with words.

if Gladstone 'were soaked in boiling water and rinsed until he were twisted into rope, I do not suppose a drop of fun would ooze out'. The Hon. Emily Eden 1860

And Disraeli's assessment of Gladstone was that he 'had not one single redeeming defect'.

Keep well

LD Masterson said...

Mike - I love those quotes. Thanks so much for sharing.

Arlee Bird said...

Last time I gave any blood must have been at least 40 years ago. I still give blood regularly to the medical lab that tests me, but that's probably about all I can spare.

I was drinking tea quite a bit a couple of weeks ago when I needed to warm up. Now it's getting too warm for me to crave hot tea. I still have my regular morning cup of coffee though.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

LD Masterson said...

Lee - Hopefully your morning coffee doesn't have quite the same effect.

Donna B. McNicol said...

I love HUMP DAY....always reminds me of the camel in the Geico commercial. Some fun trivia...enjoyed it.

DB McNicol, author
Microfiction: Chick

LD Masterson said...

Donna - Thanks. I'm glad you stopped by.