Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hump Day Funnies and More

Happy Hump Day

Hi! How's your week going?  
Need a lift to get you over the hump and on the way to the weekend?
Never fear. I've got a few funnies that should do the trick.

I think we should call this picture "It's Only Fair".

 I love the P.S., don't you?

I bought a power cell recently. You know, an portable battery unit that you charge and take with you to charge other things off of when you don't have access to electricity.  It's a handy device but I'm guessing the manufacturer didn't spend a lot on the interpreter for the text on the box. These are the instructions and safety warnings (typed exactly as on the package):


FEATURES
With many kinds of charging interface accessories can provide the most convenient to you and your friends around.

MATTERS NEEDING ATTENTION
Do not move the power into the fire heating extrusion or unauthorized disassembly.
This product should be kept out of children.

PRODUCT SPECIALITY
This bank power is available for all kind of electronic products which need to charge with USB, such as iphone, ipad, ipod and PSP etc.

NOTICE
Do not beak, dismantle, into put the fire or place in hot and humid area
Keep away from children
Please turn off the power when not in use, in order to avoid continuous power depletion.
 
 I hope I never have to call their tech support.


This one just made me laugh.





I'm going to take a quick break from your hump day funnies to give a shout out to blog friend Liz Fichera. Liz recently revealed the cover and trailer for her book Played, which will be released in May. Take a moment to take a look.  

 


Best of luck with the release, Liz.


This one is in honor of my little Sophie.

It's been a long winter. Already.


What? You thought I forgot your "aw".  
Oh, ye of little faith. I've got a great one for you.


Who needs a blanket? 


Okay, that should do it. I hope you've over the hump and sliding toward a glorious weekend. 


I want to thank all of you who offered prayers for my friend who is seriously ill. Now I'm going to ask for more. He's been in critical condition in intensive care for the past week and has undergone two emergency surgeries. Please continue to pray for him and for his family. Thank you.

Quote of the Day:
Never miss a good chance to shut up. ~ Will Rogers.
 

32 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That poor dog. He'll be in as much trouble when he tries to life his leg to pee.
Keep out of children? How the heck are you supposed to charge them then?

Anonymous said...

Thank so very much for the shout-out!! <3

And thanks for that bear photo. It brightened my morning. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

I feel for that dog in the snow. I'm ready for it (and the frigid temps) to be GONE!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm thinking English wasn't the first language of that writer.
Prayers for your friend.

Robin said...

More prayers going out for your friend.

Oh my to those instructions. I hope you don't EVER have to call anyone for help.

Great Awwwwww.

LD Masterson said...

Alex - I fear lifting his leg may be out of the question.

Liz - My pleasure.

Stacy - You and me both.

Susan G/K - Or his second or third or...

Robin - Thank you.

Linda G. said...

Awww.

And I'll be praying for your friend. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Is there a baby under there?

If I saw a bear in my pool, I'd tell my husband it's time to move.

I'm so sorry to hear your friend is struggling - we will pray for a healing.

Julie Dao said...

I love the tiger picture! Bleach, hilarious! And remember to keep that charging device out of children.

Julie Flanders said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope his condition improves and he will be on the mend soon.

I want those puppies as my blanket, too cute. And congratulations to Liz! Wonderful cover and trailer.

Unknown said...

The tigers are too funny! Loved it and pinned it :) Yay for funnies.

Unknown said...

Tigers are so cool, they don't even break a snarl when they argue. And where have those puppies been in all this icy weather? I want me some!
Prayers and blessings for your friend, and I wish you comfort as you watch him struggle.
Jan at Website
Beyond Acadia

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

HA! LOTS of things should be "kept out of children"...

Good luck to Liz! Looks terrific.

Will continue to pray for your friend.

Take care. Thanks for the smiles.

Carol Kilgore said...

Still praying. Hope your friend improves. I loved all this post ... and best AW moment ever.

Jemi Fraser said...

Yup - keep those power cells out of the kids for sure! LOVE the baby with the pups!!

Sending healing thoughts and hopes!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, LD. I hope he recovers soon.

The bear, tigers, and desperate dog were so funny! And the "Aw" pic was adorable, as always.

Thanks for the laughs and have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Oops! I almost forgot --

Big congrats to Liz on her new book. It looks awesome! :)

Rhonda Albom said...

Thanks for the giggles, my favorite today was the tiger. Also, gotta love directions that don't make any sense.

Cate Masters said...

Those instructions read a lot like many of the spam emails!
Hope you're weathering the weather all right. :)

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! I love it. Whew! Good stuff. Now I have a book to go investigate, if you'll excuse me. ;)

LD Masterson said...

Linda G. - Thanks. I appreciate it.

Diane - What? You wouldn't want to do laps with him?

Julie - The bleach one cracked me up.

Julie - Thanks. And you'll have to fight me for those puppies.

Emilyann - Thanks for sharing it. Spread the laughs.

Jan - We seem to have a line growing for people who want those pups.

Susan F.S. - Thanks all around.

Carol - Thanks, and glad you liked the aw.

Jemi - I always thought kids came with their own power cell...way stronger than their parents'.

Lexa - Thanks and you're welcome.

Rhonda - Well, they sort of made sense...just badly.

Cate - We're actually getting a break in the weather. This latest storm is just skimming by us and we were above freezing yesterday for the first time since 2/2.

Crystal Collier - By all means, you're excused.

Arlee Bird said...

Let's hope that product info wasn't composed by someone who came out of the U.S. school system. They did use some rather complex words though.

More prayers for your friend and his family.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Mason Canyon said...

Continuing prayers and healing thoughts for your friends. Congratulations to Liz on the upcoming release. Love the photos. The dog in the snow has to be my favorite since we've had 8 inches of snow in 30 days (unheard in Georgia). Hope you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

More, deeper prayers are forthcoming.

That bleach graphic made me laugh.

Happy Valentine's Day and weekend, LD.

Take good care.
xoRobyn

Mike Keyton said...

I find it hard to pray without a name or face to focus on, but I am nevertheless. Ref the 'funnies' I usually have a favourite. This week I literally couldn't choose :)

Stephen Tremp said...

Yes we pay for you fiend and that he will be back home soon resting and recuperating!

And that is a great awwwww pic.

Tina said...

At my former job, I did a lot of corresponding with foreigners speaking English as a second language. I collected hilarious blunders. Can't find the file. Those instructions were priceless...
And the Aw is my favorite so far!
Tina @ Life is Good
A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
@TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge
http://www.facebook.com/TinaLifeIsGood

Heather R. Holden said...

That bear and those tigers crack me up!

I'll keep thinking good thoughts for your friend. It's so tragic what he's going through! :(

Al Penwasser said...

Does a bear crap in the pool?
Gorry, I hope not.

LD Masterson said...

Lee - I certainly hope not.

Mason - Thank you and I hope you get a break from that wintery weather.

Robyn - thanks for both.

Mike - I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you, his name is Scott. He's been so ill so long, most everyone who knows him is aware.

Stephen - thank you. We have to believe it's all the prayers that are keeping him holding on.

Tina - you have to find that file. And share with us.

Heather - Glad you liked today's beasties. And thank you. It's been hard for him and his family.

Al - Nope, he excuses himself and steps into the woods.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Yes, please do keep that product out of children!

Your friend is in my thoughts.

The Warrior Muse

LD Masterson said...

Thank you, Shannon.