Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Very Happy Hump Day with Great News

Happy Hump Day

Since it is a very happy hump day, I'm going to lead with the good news:
My friend Scott, who many of you have been praying for the last two weeks, turned the corner a couple days ago and is beginning his road to recovery. It will be a long, slow one but he's going to get there. My deepest thanks to all of you who offered prayers and positive thoughts for someone you don't know.  Prayer is the greatest gift we can offer anyone, and the most powerful.


Now on to some funnies.

For all of us that have seen enough snow this year for three winters...

I'm sorry. I thought it was funny.

 From the mouths of babes we have...

A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." 
The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's very interesting. How do you make babies?"
"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

And what were you thinking?


Staying with that snow theme...


 
That's not a picture of my Sophie but I know she's felt that way a few times lately.

 
To keep this post from being totally frivolous, something educational:

How to Tell the Sex of a Fly

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a rolled up paper.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Hunting Flies," he answered.

"Kill any?" she asked.

"Yep, three males and two females," he said proudly.

"Really? How can you tell them apart?"

"Easy. Three were on a beer can, two were on the phone."



Okay, that was still frivolous. But here's a serious moment...

 Don't you love that face.


 Here's another bit of kid logic.
 
"Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. 
 
The small boy answered, "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." 
 
The teacher started to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.

"Sure," said the youngster confidently. 'It means carrying a child."


 Okay, that's enough nonsense for today. 
Let's get to the important stuff...your weekly "aw".

Not only are these two taking a nap while floating on the water, they're also holding hands (paws?). I think that's worth an "aw", don't you?

So, are we there yet? Over the hump and on the way to a glorious weekend? 
Good. Then my work here is done.

I'm getting this post up before bed on Tuesday because I'll be gone all day Wednesdays. This means I'll be a day late getting around to visit everyone, but when your grandson makes the varsity bowling team in his freshman year, and the team is traveling to an all-day District Tournament... you put on your Booster Button and you go.

Have a great weekend.

Thought for the Day:

We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.

26 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

That's fantastic news about your friend! I hope he continues to do better, even if it is slowly.

Also, love the "thought for the day." So true!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's great news about Scott! Prayer does work.
I don't think the sex of a fly thing works since I see just as many dudes glued to their phones these days.
And when I lived in the Midwest, our dogs faced that wall of snow a few times.

Mark Koopmans said...

Good funnies, but *great* news about Scott.

Prayer can conquer all :)

Linda G. said...

Awww.

So glad your friend is doing better. :)

Have fun boosting your grandson! :)

Julie Flanders said...

So glad your friend is on the road to recovery! That's wonderful news and you all must be so relieved.

Absolutely love the otters holding hands, so precious.

LD Masterson said...

From the bowling lanes...

Heather - thank you on both.

Alex - that's true about the cell phones, especially with texting.

Mark - Absolutely.

Linda G. - root root root

Julie - yeah, those otters did it for me.

Maryannwrites said...

Great news about your friend. I always enjoy your posts on Wednesday. The cat and the hamster made me laugh outloud. What an amazing expression on that cat's face. Have a great rest of the week.

Robin said...

Fabulous news about your friend. Our pastor was just talking in church last Sunday about the power of prayer. Never underestimate it!

Your funnies were cute and definitely helped with the hump!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Great news about your friend. I like the two feet of snow and the awwww.

mooderino said...

So very glad your friend is recovering.

mood
Moody Writing

Mike Keyton said...

the cat and the hamster. Brilliant. Brilliant, too, about Scott.

Maria Zannini said...

You already know how much Scott has been on my mind. I'm so glad he's turned the corner. I hope he gets home soon.

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats to your grandson!

I love the AW moment and the two feet of snow :)

LD Masterson said...

Maryann - I'm glad you enjoy Wednesdays with me. Thanks.

Robin - Your Pastor is right.

Susan G/K - Thanks, on both.

mood - Thank you. Me, too.

Mike - I had an odd mix of brilliants today. Thanks.

Maria - Thanks for all your support.

Carol - Glad you enjoyed them.

Tara Tyler said...

wonderful news! prayer is certainly powerful!

these are hilarious!! 2 feet of snow, ha!
and the babies and the pregnant, love it!

happy day after hump day!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I know so many people who have been having health problems lately.

thanks for the laugh

Al Diaz said...

Glad to know your friend is doing better!
The last one was certainly an aww picture.

Jemi Fraser said...

Great news about your friend!!!!

Hope your son gets a few turkeys! (If it's not a 10 pin bowling thing that's going to sound really weird...) Good luck to him! :)

Rhonda Albom said...

Happy to hear about Scott. Great funnies. My favorite is the two feet of snow.

LD Masterson said...

Tara - Thanks. Happy day after day after hump day.

Donna - It does seem to have been a hard winter for many. Let's hope spring brings better health to all.

Al - I'm glad you liked it.

Jemi - It was 10 pin bowling and there were a few turkeys but, alas, his team did not advance to Regionals. Their season is over.

Rhonda - Thanks. And you know I had to go with a visual pun.

Unknown said...

I'm delighted to hear your friend is doing better. Thanks for all the silly stuff. Your blog is great for exercising my smile muscles! :-D

LD Masterson said...

Lexa - Hey, I'm a smile gym!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm so glad to hear your friend Scott is on the mend. Yep, prayer can work miracles.

Loved all the funnies, and the "Awww" picture, too. Otters are sooo much fun to watch.

I hope your grandson showed those bowling pins who was boss.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the news about your friend.

Love the snow feet pic! That was all over Facebook--it still makes me chuckle every time I see it.

LD Masterson said...

Susan F. S. - Thanks. And I'm glad you enjoyed the funnies and the otters.

Liz - Yup, that's where I stole it from. It was too funny not to share, especially with the winter so many of us have had this year.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! Two feet of snow... Those were epic. Thanks for the laugh today.