Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hump Day Funnies

Happy Hump Day

Here we go! It's Wednesday and I have some funnies to help you over the midweek hump.

Today's pictures have a nice murder mystery feel. 



I wonder what he did land on.



I always like a nice confession.




Uh oh. There's going to be trouble here.


And here's a little mini-mystery for you...

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients in a certain bed always died on Sunday morning, around11:00 A.M., regardless of their medical condition.  This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the supernatural.

No one could solve the mystery as to why these deaths occurred around 11:00 A.M. Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents. The next Sunday
morning, a few minutes before 11:00 AM all of the doctors and nurses nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about.  

Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits. 

Just when the clock struck 11:00, Fernando Rodriguez , the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system...so he could use the vacuum cleaner.


I didn't  forget your "aw".  In fact, I'm going wild today - I'm giving you two.

Here's the first...


In case you can't read it, it says, "Even baby elephants need a hug now and then."  Makes perfect sense to me.


And if that one doesn't push your "aw" button, I dare you to resist this one...


 You know you said it.

I hope that did the trick and we're got you over the mid week hump and on the gentle slope toward the weekend.  If you liked any or all, please leave me a comment. 

Since I've dropped my Friday post, let me wish you a very happy weekend - when it gets here.

And as promised, here's a couple more riddles.

Riddles for Today: 

Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May.  What was the third child's name?

What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?

Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer.  How is this possible?

26 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

*hee* So much dark humor today, especially that first one. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs! Needed them today.

mshatch said...

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to the riddle!!!

Linda G. said...

Awww...and awww again. A double-awww.

Thanks for the funnies. :)

Maria Zannini said...

All the funnies were good today. And I even know the answers to all the riddles. :)

Margo Kelly said...

AWESOME pictures! Thanks for the laughter. :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Lots of fun stuff here today, and yeah, you made me say, "Aww."

I know the answers to your riddles, too, but judging from other comments, it doesn't sound like you actually want us to answer them, huh? So I'll just hush... after I wish you a very happy weekend. Happy Weekend!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Later that week, Rodriguez found himself sweeping jail cells.
First photo is funny!

Robin said...

Great Hump Day stuff. Love that elephant pic. It got a big ole Awwww.

Those cats are fierce. That first picture does have Murder Mystery Flare!!!

Unknown said...

Love, love , love these!! I've always thought cats were secretly planning to take over the world - and now we see pictured proof!

Riddles:
1) Johnny
2) incorrectly
3) He was born in a southern country, like Australia, which has summer when the rest of us northerners have winter.

LD Masterson said...

Heather - Well, not totally dark, maybe a little shadowy.

Liz - My pleasure, as always.

mshatch - Think so? Check back on Monday to be sure.

Linda G. - Two awwws for the price of one.

Maria - Hmm, maybe I need harder riddles.

Margo - You're welcome.

Susan - Well, it lets everyone have a chance to solve them and there aren't any prizes attached.

Alex - Poor Rodriguez. He didn't have a clue.

Robin - Never have trusted cats. They have sneaky eyes.

Lexa - You may be right. Stop by on Monday to be sure.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Loved these LD.... Thanks for the laughs!

Enjoy your weekend too!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

There are so many fun things to respond to here, LD. I guffawed at that gecko picture. It's hilarious.

Here are my answers:
Johnny
incorrectly
He lives is Australia? Alaska? Antactica? My geography's terrible. =)

Be well,
xoRobyn

Jemi Fraser said...

That croc/alligator is priceless! And yes I did say 'awww'

farawayeyes said...

Riddle answers -
1. Johnny
2. who knows I'm a terrible speller
3. he lives 'down-under

Love the little alligator being called a gecko, and those puppy slippers elicited a great big awwww fro me me. thanks I needed this today.

Julie Dao said...

I definitely said "AWWWWW" when I saw the puppy wearing puppy slippers. And I stink at riddles, but I got all of those right today! Looks like I'm gonna have a good rest of the week!

LD Masterson said...

Michael - Thanks.

Robyn - Glad to give you a laugh. or even better, a good guffaw. Check back Monday on the riddle to be sure you got 'em.

Jemi - Double whammy aw. You pretty much had to say it.

farawayeyes - Glad I could give you a laugh.

Julie - Hope it's a great one.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Lexa has to have all the trivia right - or at least I think she does.
And I loved the first photo! and the rest, but the first one is going to stick with me. I also loved both aws, but especially the baby elephant hug.

Hugs!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I loved it all, but the pug photo really did make me go Awww. I used to have a pug like this one a long time ago.

Tina said...

GREAT photos. Never trust a cat. Or a crocodile...
Tina @ Life is Good

LD Masterson said...

Tyrean - I can neither confirm or deny that Lexa... (what do you think, am I ready for politics?)

Patricia - Pugs are adorable.

Tina - Hmm. Maybe we should just mistrust any animal with a name beginning with C. I've always been suspicious of my grandmother's canary.

Nicki Elson said...

I think the man hugging the elephant back made me aww even more than the elephant itself.

In answer to your riddles (which I never usually, get but this time I think I did):
1. Johnny
2. incorrectly
3. He was born in Australia.

How did I do? Have a fantastic weekend!

Julie Flanders said...

Oh my gosh the first pic made me laugh out loud. The baby elephant is just too precious.

Thanks for the funnies! :)

Tara Tyler said...

great batch of fun!
hard to pick afave, but the riddles win!

Heather Musk said...

I love the first picture! And I only got one of the three riddles. Great post.

LD Masterson said...

Nicki - Wouldn't you love a chance to hug a baby elephant? And since I'm answering you comment on Monday, I can say, yup, you got them all right.

Julie - Glad you liked them.

Tara - Got to enjoy a good riddle. Or even a bad one.

Heather - I'll see if I can find some more riddles for Wednesday's post so you can have another chance.