Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's a (Mostly) Dog Day

Happy Hump Day

I know we're a week closer to Christmas so I should stay with my Christmas theme of last week but a friend just sent me some great - but not Christmassy - pictures so I'm sharing them instead.

For my friends who are runners.


Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?


Can you relate to this one?

Yeah, so can I.


I may be pushing it a little with this one but it made me laugh.

An old man, Mr. Goldstein, was living the last of his life in a nursing home.  One day he appeared to be very sad and depressed.  Nurse Tracy asked if there was anything wrong.

"Yes, Nurse Tracy," said  Mr. Goldstein, "My Private Part died today, and I am very sad."

Knowing her patients were forgetful and sometimes a bit odd, she replied, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr.Goldstein, please accept my condolences.

The following day, Mr. Goldstein was walking down the hall with his Private Part hanging out his pajamas, when he met Nurse Tracy. "Mr. Goldstein," she said, "You shouldn't be walking down the hall like that. Please put your Private Part back inside your pajamas."

"But, Nurse Tracy," replied Mr. Goldstein, "I told you yesterday that my Private Part died."

"Yes, you did tell me that, but why is it hanging out of your pajamas?"

"Well...today's the viewing."


So bad. 
(hee hee hee)


I couldn't decide if this was a funny or an "aw" but I've got another "aw" for you so I'm putting this here.

Be honest - did it make you laugh or "aw"?

It's been a while since we heard from our friends, the church ladies.
How about a couple Church Bulletin Bloopers?

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water."  The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for  more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.


Gotta love those church ladies.


And here's that "aw" I promised you.

You know you said it.

That all for today. Did we do it? Are you over the hump and on the easy slope to the weekend? 
I sure hope so.  Did you have a favorite?

I'm going to be off line today. A good friend and I are doing our annual Christmas shop-till-you-drop. 
But I'll be around to see everyone tomorrow.
Have a good one.

Quote of the Day:

My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.
 -- Rodney Dangerfield

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stories and pics brought a smile to my face.

Happy shopping!

Heather R. Holden said...

Loving these! The "Cat?" pic had me laughing initially, but then I couldn't resist aw-ing, too. Too cute!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Today's the viewing - that's bad!
Dangerfield had some great lines.

Maria Zannini said...

I almost didn't see the cat! I'm sure the puppy meant well. :)

Kittie Howard said...

Hilarious 'viewing' -- thanks for the laughs!

What a fun blog you've got!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Cute pics, but I liked the story best - had me laughing! Thanks!

Julie Dao said...

I groaned at the punchline of the private part joke, and laughed at the dog and cat picture! Loved them both!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Oh, you make me laugh. My son is training for a half marathon. I have to show him the husky picture.

Mason Canyon said...

Oh thanks for the laughs. These were all good and the photos priceless.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Rhonda Albom said...

I love to laugh so thanks. The cat/dog - hilarious. Mr. Goldstein - not so much, but kinda cute. My favorite - the second dog photo.

Julie Flanders said...

Love all the pics and the cat one made me laugh and saw aww. :D The choir practice and hell made me laugh out loud. Love these bloopers.

LD Masterson said...

Hi, everyone - just a quick apology. I'm having computer issues today so I'm going to be really slow visiting everyone. Might take me a couple days. Please bear with me.

Medeia - I'm glad. Love to make people smile.

Heather - Hey, two for the price of one.

Alex - I miss Rodney.

Maria - Of course he did.

Kittie - Thank you!

Stacy - My pleasure.

Julie D. - Yeah, that joke was a bit of a groaner.

Susan G/K - Ask him about his sled.

Mason - Glad you enjoyed them.

Rhonda - I loved that face.

Julie F. - I recently came across some more bloopers so watch for a few more.

Unknown said...

The Church Ladies were hilarious! Ad I loved the tiny, guilty dog. That sounds like me when dieting. I meant to eat just one potato chip ... but there were so many other options. ;)

Misha Gerrick said...

Lol that joke's hilarious. :-D

LD Masterson said...

Lexa - Yes! Dieting guilt! That's exactly what I feel like.

Misha - Glad you liked it.

Emily R. King said...

That dog/cat picture is so funny! I really didn't see the cat at first.

Murees Dupè said...

I am definitely over my hump now. The pictures were all funny and there were a few aw moments for me. Thank you for cheering me up.

LD Masterson said...

Emily - I had to look twice too.

Murees - My pleasure, as always.

Mike Keyton said...

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice. Oh Yes!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Good stuff all the way around. I can just imagine an old codger trying to pull off that "viewing" gag.

LD Masterson said...

Michael - Oh, you've heard that choir, too?

Susan - Glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year too!