Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Hump Day - Every Cat Should Have a Dog

Happy Hump Day.

As usual, today I'm just offering a little something to get you over the mid-week hump and onto the downhill slope to the weekend.

I've never put together an easier post.  This week I received an e-mail titled Every Cat Should Have a Dog with eighteen great cat and dog pictures, just perfect for making you smile.  The only hard part was chosing which six to include here.  Hope you like my selections.



Best friends?


Yeah, yeah, I love you, too.


No, he's mine.  You can't have him.


I just love my furry hat.


This one is too perfect for words.

  Bet you said "Aw."


On Friday I'll be talking a bit more about the Erma Bombeck Workshop and telling you about a terrific new blog that everyone will be able to use.

And here's your...

Groaner of the Day: (It's a long one today since this post was mostly pictures.)

Once there was a circus that boasted the great Lion Tamer. The grand finale of his act included placing his head in a lion's mouth.

Unfortunately, the circus was losing money and could not afford to keep all the animals.  Finally the lions were sold to cut expenses but the owner hated to fire the Lion Tamer so he made this offer...

"Your lions are gone but if you can come up with an act with what we have left, you've got a job."

"Well, I do need a job," the Lion Tamer said. "What animals do you have left?"

"Well," the owner said, "the only animal I have left is my faithful old Bassett hound. I'd never sell him!"

"I'll take him," said the Tamer.

So the Lion Tamer worked with the Bassett hound and taught him the entire lion act. The dog caught on right away, but there was a problem - no way was the Lion Tamer's head going to fit into the dog's mouth.

"My foot will fit," the Lion Tamer said, so he tried it, and sure enough the dog picked that up too.

Opening night, the Lion Tamer did the act with the Bassett hound, and the crowd loved it. They'd never seen anything like it before. At the end of the act, when the Lion Tamer put his foot into the dog's mouth, the crowd went wild.

"Encore, encore!" the crowd yelled.

Well, the Lion Tamer hadn't planned an encore, so he thought to himself, "If one foot is good, two is better."

He stuck his other foot into the dog's mouth. The two feet together were too much for the dog and he started choking and gasping, and finally out of self-preservation, he clamped his jaws shut, biting off the Lion Tamer's legs at mid-calf.

And the moral of this story....?

Don't put all your legs in one Bassett.

(Oh, I'm sorry.  That really was bad.)



20 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Aw, the third one is just so cute!

Cate Masters said...

I said 'aw' for all of them! Adorable. Looking forward to more about the workshop and the new blog.

LD Masterson said...

Diane - Ah, you have a weakness for big kitty eyes.

LD Masterson said...

Cate - I usually try to limit the "aw" factor but these were just too adorable.

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, my gosh. Too adorable.

I can't decide which is cutest.

How is Sophie? Any more storms in your area?

LD Masterson said...

I was a little concerned this was an overdose of cute but couldn't resist. Unfortunately, lot of storms expected this week. Very hard on poor Soph.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I envy the last two!

Arlee Bird said...

The groaner was bad--I laughed. Besides it's a circus story and I love circus stories.

Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog

LD Masterson said...

Alex - the friendship or just the peaceful nap?

LD Masterson said...

Lee - glad I gotcha with the groaner. My work here is done.

Jessica R. Patch said...

LOL That was rough, but your pictures made up for it! Ha!

Unknown said...

Love the pics! And the groaner. :D

Jackie said...

"Yeah, Yeah, I love you too" sums up the cats thoughts purrrfectly Linda! Love all of them and the groaner was a real stinker.


Jackie B Central Texas

Sarah Allen said...

Gah!! So adorable :) I'm going to have to take one...or all...and put them on my 'Smiles' pinterest board :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

LD Masterson said...

Jessica - a couple aw's, a little groan...yup, that my Wednesday post.

LD Masterson said...

Darke - thanks, glad you liked them

LD Masterson said...

Jackie - a couple of those captions I had to reach for but that one I heard in my head as soon as I saw the picture.

LD Masterson said...

Sarah - By all means. Smiles are meant to be shared.

Maryannwrites said...

This was really terrific. Just promoted it all over social media. Thanks for putting it all together.

LD Masterson said...

Maryann - and thank you for promoting.