Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dog Shame and Engineers...or is it Engineer Shame and...

Happy Hump Day

Welcome to your hump day funnies...here to provide you with a little boost to get you over the mid-week hump.

Mixed in with today's photos you'll find some educational material I hope you'll find useful.. 
(Hey, I'm not just another pretty face over here. I got smarts!)

Let's get started.


I'm wondering is that expression is guilt...

...or if he's trying to pass a Lego. Ouch.


Here are some entries from the latest 
Engineering Conversion Table.

Ratio of an igloo's circumference to its diameter = Eskimo Pi

2000 pounds of Chinese soup = Won ton

1 millionth of a mouthwash = 1 microscope


 Good stuff to know, right?


 I'm not sure on this one.

 I think the "helper" wants to throw his buddy under the bus.


 More educational stuff:

Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement = 1 bananosecond

Weight an evangelist carries with God = 1 billigram

Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour = Knotfurlong


Don't you feel smarter already?

 
This guy flat out does not look ashamed.


But that would certainly be startling.


Just one more set of these. I don't want to over-tax your brains.


16.5 feet in theTwilight Zone = 1 Rod Serling 

Half of a large intestine = 1 semicolon 

1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz


You'll want to impress your friends with your new knowledge.


I'm cheating a little with your "aw" today. It's another "dog-shaming" shot. 
But when I saw this one, I "aw"ed more than I laughed.

You just know she's really sorry.


I've got more Engineer Conversion Table items so if you want to expand your knowledge, let me know and I'll add some to next week's post.

 Are we there? Over the hump?

Excellent. 

Coast down the slope to the weekend and have a great one.

See you next Wednesday.


Classic Exchange for Today: 

George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill: 
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend ... if you have one."

Winston Churchill, in response:  
"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."

37 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

Love the photos of the naughty dogs, and you were right about the last one. That puppy does look contrite.

And thanks for the great ending. The exchange between Shaw and Churchill is priceless.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Those pups are SOOOOO Cute!!!!

Thanks for the laughs, LD....

Wednesdays are my favorite because of your funnies!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'd like some engineering wisdom next week. I liked the megahurtz. Really looking forward to the weekend because my daughter is home on spring break.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Dogs...don't you just LOVE them?

Thanks for the funnies. :)

Murees Dupè said...

I am definitely geared for the second half of the week now. Thank you! The aw gets me every time.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Oh, my. Those pictures are awesome. And catching the dogs being still for that. That's hard.

mshatch said...

oh man, I laughed my butt off at those shameful dogs - especially the last one. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I loved 1 bananosecond and 1 Rod Serling! Hahaha! I wouldn't like to be in the bathroom for either the curtain shredder or the butt licker. Yikes! Thanks for all the funnies! You rock, as always! :-D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd hit the ceiling if that dog licked my bum.
1 billigram - funny!!

Stephen Tremp said...

Ha! Thanks for the laughs. Love the Churchill quote. He had some really good edgy ones.

Kristin Smith said...

Hehe. That last puppy pic is adorable! Who could get angry with her?

Love the classic exchange—it is...classic! :)

LD Masterson said...

Maryann - Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Michael - Hey, you made my Wednesday.

Susan G/K - Have a time time with your daughter.

Stacy - I really do. Dogs are my favorite people.

Murees - Sail on through that second half!

Donna - Think they were shamed into it?

mshatch - I try laughing my butt off but every time I check, it's still there.

Lexa - Am I the only one who thought of the Psycho shower scene?

Alex - See my comment to Lexa above.

Stephen - Men knew how to deliver a real insult back then.

Kristin - Exactly.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Semicolon - LOL.

I need to do photos like that with my cats. They are always destroying something.

farawayeyes said...

Churchill and Shaw + too, too funny.

Love the engineering lessons. Bring 'em on. I need all the smarts I can get.

Dog shaming, their owners should be ashamed. Ha!

Arlee Bird said...

The Lego dog cracked me up. And 1 billigram-- hilarious.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Kaye George said...

I can't help but love the expression on the bum licking dog. But I don't want him near me!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Churchill nailed it with that response. Lots of silly stuff in here, and I love Rod Sterling so that joke was especially good. Thanks, LD.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi LD - yes I'd be somewhat surprised with lick on the bum, while in the shower - and boy does he look like he thinks it's been fun! The engineer's weights and measures - amusing ... too much ...

I quite enjoyed the strength of my limpet teeth ... compared to a single strand of spaghetti holding up 3,000 bags of sugar ?? A little more in my reply comment on my site.

Cheers and these were fun and the littlie does look really sorry! Hilary

Rhonda Albom said...

Funny stuff today, including the dog shame one you are not sure about.

DL Hammons said...

That last picture is CLASSIC! Love it! :)

Maria Zannini said...

I like the butt-licking dog. He looked damn proud.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Fun stuff, as always. I've got a good collection of those "engineer wisdom" thingies, too. The billigram one is one of my favorites.

All the pups are adorable, but I wanta pick up that last one and hug him.

Happy weekend!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love that last pup - and the semi colon! Awesome! Enjoy the rest of your week :)

LD Masterson said...

Diane - How exactly does one get a cat to pose for a "shaming" photo?

farawayeyes - You got it.

Lee - I once saw a dog-shaming photo that said, "I pooped a seashell, and we don't live near a beach." That one did me in.

Kaye - Not a surprise I want to get in the shower.

Robyn - I think we've lost the art of the classy insult. Now it's just rude gestures and four letter words.

Hilary - I see I have to head back to your site.

LD Masterson said...

Rhonda - Well, he doesn't looking like he feels guilty to me.

DL - Yeah, me too.

Maria - Yup. Proud is the expression.

Susan F.S. - I got a whole bunch of good one. I think I'm going to have to add some to one more post.

Jemi - That's why I had to make him an "aw". Enjoy your week and weekend.

dolorah said...

I needed these laughs. Just got back from job interview and this is a better pick-me-up than a glass of wine :)

LD Masterson said...

dolorah - Less calories, too. Hope the interview went well.

Karen Lange said...

I do feel smarter. I am so glad I have smart friends like you. I learn so much when I stop to see you. Thanks for making me laugh! :)

Empty Nest Insider said...

Great engineering conversions, and those pups are so darn cute! The conversation with George Bernard Shaw and Winston Churchill was priceless!

Julie

Sherry Ellis said...

The expression on Ellie's face is adorable. I probably would've shortened the shower curtain, too, if I were a dog!

Linda G. said...

LOL! I love those dog-shaming pics. And Churchill's response? Perfect!

LD Masterson said...

Karen - Um, could I get you to speak with my teenage grandkids? They don't think I know anything. *grin*

Julie - I'm glad you enjoyed them all.

Sherry - I think Ellie was just trying to help the 'bum licker'.

Linda G. - Wouldn't I love to be able to write lines like that?

Carol Kilgore said...

LOL! Love the bum licker and the Eskimo Pi :)

LD Masterson said...

Carol - Gotta love that bum licker. He just looks so pleased with himself.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, poor Ellie! Love that little one.

Julie Dao said...

I feel so sad for that little dog! She looks really, really sorry. The other ones are funny, though!

LD Masterson said...

Liz - Yup, she got to me, too.

Julie - Of course, she could be faking it. I've had dogs that were Academy Award level actors.